Careers at MBW
Staff AccountantPosted: May 20, 2022
Location: Slinger, WI
Type: Full Time or Part Time, 1st Shift
We are seeking a Staff Accountant who will prepare and maintain financial records to track the organizations assets, liabilities and other related financial activities.
Due to growth we will be adding this exciting NEW position to our accounting team!
- Supports department for financial systems
- Leads department on general ledger system upgrade
- Educates on accounts payable
- Evaluates and implements new accounts payable system
- Reconciles bank accounts monthly
- Reconciles various general ledger accounts
- Provides assistance and support to accounts receivable and payable
- Provides support and acts as a back up to verify invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts
- Assists in gathering necessary account information and documents to support annual financial reviews
- Assists in the coordination with software vendor to maintain accounting software systems; recommends updates to enhance the accounting software
- Manages fixed assets (depreciation calculation, report department spending)
- Tracks fixed assets project costs
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures
- Promotes and demonstrates MBW’s Core Values
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of general financial accounting.
- Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Proficient with Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite or similar software, and accounting software.
- Education Associates degree or Bachelors Degree in Accounting, or related field, preferred.
- Experience Three to five years related experience preferred.
- Technology/Equipment Solid computer skills; experience with AS400 helpful.